Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sad day...there is more to come....


So Weds. my dad started his 4th round of Chemo therapy....that says it all. He called me from the hospital just sobbing when they started his treatment. I didn't know what to say other than "I love you daddy". I hate seeing my dad in so much physical and emotional pain, he is someone who I see as the strongest man alive and my superhero. About 8 weeks ago he had gotten a scan and they had found that the cancer has spread from his liver to his lungs, it was about 6mm, so controllable. This last week it had grown to be 1 1/2 inches in less than 9 weeks! It is out of control! My poor dad has been walking hunched over for about a week now due to severe pain in his liver. We pray it isn't spreading into his spine! Last week was the first time I heard my dad admit that this cancer will take his life.... we haven't talked about a funeral or death before.. but it looks as though we better start pinching pennies and figuring out what steps to take (just in case). I am thankful that he is no longer in denial about this whole thing. I know it Will be a long few months, I just hope and pray that we can get this under control and in remission before it takes his life. I am thankful for all the prayers we receive and thankful for everyday that I do spend with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gia. I am so sad to hear that. Your dad is incredibly tough and a wonderful guy. I wish we were closer so we could do more to help. Our prayers are with you all.